Daylilies

Area to discuss things not related to dogs such as current news, sports, etc.

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Daylilies

Postby Donna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:36 pm

While in San Diego over the weekend to watch the trial at Danny's club, I couldn't help but notice all the beautiful daylilies in full bloom. I have a few daylilies in my garden, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to add a few more. While searching for a variety that I thought could handle Arizona heat, lo and behold, I came across a daylily named "Patsy Carpenter." So, Pat, along with shopping for Malinois decals, I think you should add this one to your garden. It's very pretty, chrome yellow with a curled edge.

http://www.ctdaylily.com/pricelist05_P.html

Anne, sorry, I couldn't find one with your name, but I did come across a "Happy Camper" hosta!
Felise du Chenil du Mirador, HOT, SchH3, RH1, TD, CGC, UScA Working Champion
Temple of the Tree's Beau Geste, HOT, IPO3, SchH3, AWD3, Apr3, RATI, RATS, CGC
Donna

Postby beauty&the beast » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:42 am

wow - that popcorn pete is beautiful. i have got to get some!!!!

cool link- thanks

we have a pond an much wetlands on our property. the mali/training knocks down the lillies and irises alot, but the are hardy enough to survive in our humid zone- 10 I think.

anyway thanks
beauty&the beast

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:41 am

DAYLILIES ON A MAL LIST...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO? My favourite is The Phantom of the Opera, it's simply devine!
Stew

Postby Christopher Smith » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:14 am

Donna, I’m not sure if you are aware of gardenweb.com but I have traded and been given some pretty cool plants from this site. Somewhere on here they even have a daylily exchange. Here is the daylily page http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/daylily/

I was on a train going from Boston to NYC this week and the wild daylilies were putting on a fantastic show!
"Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence."
Christopher Smith

Postby Donna » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Fabulous website, Christopher, thank you! So much info, roses, wildflowers, the photo galleries are inspiring, and the seed exchange is definitely intriguing! My summer doldrums are fading. :D
Donna

Postby annecamper » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:46 pm

Donna,

Instead of hostas (of which I do have a few) named Happy Camper (of which I do not have one) there is a new winery with the brand name Happy Camper (http://www.happycamperwines.com/). Much more up my alley. Got a bottle from my post-doc as a gag, but it was pretty good so I got a replacement at my local wine shop.

Anne
annecamper

Postby Donna » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:25 pm

Don't you love a more holistic approach to medicine? :lol:

The packaging is very clever too.
Donna

Return to Chit Chat